Milestone Template Creation Criteria is available for use cases where you have existing business logic that drives when or if a Milestone Template is applied to a record. Field level criteria can be specified in addition to, or in substitution of, Record Type selection.
Supported Field Types
|Field Type||Supported Operators||Supported Value Types|
|Text||Equals, Is Null, Is Not Null||Null, String|
|Text Area||Equals, Is Null, Is Not Null||Null, String|
|Equals, Is Null, Is Not Null||Null, Picklist Value|
Milestone Template Selection
A Template can be selected, and the related Milestone Headers applied, two ways:
- On record insert if no Creation Criteria is defined or if Creation Criteria is defined and the criteria is met
- On record update if the record now meets the criteria defined on a template*
*Only one Milestone Template can be applied to a given record. This means, that as soon as a record meets the criteria (on insert or update) of a Milestone Template, subsequent updates can only result in additional Tracked Milestones if that Template has conditional criteria defined on its related Milestone Headers.
Milestone Template Selection Logic
As stated above, only one Milestone Template can be applied to a given record. To restate this, once a Tracked Milestone is created for a record, all future updates look to the originating Milestone Template when determining if additional Tracked Milestones should now be created. See here for Milestone Header Selection Criteria
This is the order that active Milestone Templates are evaluated for each Object upon record insert/update:
- Templates with no Record Type defined and no additional creation criteria
- Templates with Record Type defined and no additional creation criteria
- Templates without Record Type defined and with additional creation criteria
- Templates with Record Type defined and with additional creation criteria
It is important to reference this selection logic when building Milestone Templates and, whenever possible, to ensure the criteria across all templates is exclusive.